Pantgwyn Quarry supplies an excellent all purpose washed sand which is suitable for plastering, external rendering, brickwork, block walling and concreting.
Sand and gravel aggregates (ballast) can be supplied as mixed or 10mm down or 20mm down. This is suitable for all concreting applications dependent upon cement and strength required.
There are many types of Sand available and to show a list would be quite daunting, so to make things simpler we have separated the types of Sand into 3 categories, each containing the types of sand that you would need.
Sands for General Construction use
- Concrete Sands - fine & medium grade aggregate for the production of concrete
- Plastering & Rendering Sands - external renderings, internal cement and lime plastering
- Masonry Sands - natural soft sand for mortar, pointing and brickwork
- Blinding & Fill - raising land levels etc
Sands for Agricultural use
- Cubicle sand is suitable for agricultural use and animal bedding. Exemption from aggregate tax can be obtained upon completion of the necessary documents before delivery.
Sands for Home, Garden, Sport & Leisure
- Sand-pit Sand - clean, washed, natural fine sand, selected for use in children's sand pits
- Lawn Dressing Sand - used on golf and bowling greens
- Ménage sand is a very fine washed processed sand without stone suitable for use in construction of horse arenas and training rings and can be supplied to order in any quantity.